How Technology Changes by 2022
From Smart Cities to Smart Agriculture, the world is transforming as we speak. The way we work, play, travel and interact with each other is forever changing. In this blog, I examine and discuss how technology will shape our daily lives by 2022.
In this blog, I explore the new technologies that are shaping the world in which we live, the ways in which they are changing the way we use them and their impact on us and our daily lives. I also highlight ways in which you can change your use of technology for the better and try to avoid the common mistakes that can arise from not understanding this ever-changing world.
My blog was created for anyone who wants to understand technology better and change their use of it for the better. I hope you enjoy the content. To the best of my knowledge, this is a completely factual and unbiased page. The views are completely mine and do not reflect that of others.
Technology will impact most of our lives in 2022. Here are some of the key changes we are likely to see.
- Smart Cities This is the next big thing in urban life. There are many different cities all over the world and in the future, every city will have some form of connectivity. Many are in the process of developing their Smart Cities and have already seen early success. From 2012 to 2016, many cities in the US have been experimenting with different uses of technology in their Smart Cities. By 2017, we will see more cities begin to put their plans into action. Smart Cities are cities where technology is used in their daily operation.
This could include things such as a smart traffic system, the monitoring of air quality and reducing energy consumption in their offices. What we have learnt so far about the Smart Cities The results so far in the US have been very positive. There are already many Smart Cities across the US and the government has set out some ambitious goals.
The city of Chicago has seen huge success with their Smart City project and is also now the centre of many smart city projects around the world. One of their biggest challenges has been the integration of the various smart city applications. There have been over 100 different companies vying for a piece of the action. There has been extensive use of cloud computing, which will help keep everything in line. The city uses big data to help find ways to save energy and make decisions about where to put their money. Another big factor is data security. Everyone has different types of data and each company has different views of privacy.
Most of these cities are trying to provide an “Intelligent” environment, with the aim to make their lives easier. This could be achieved through things such as automated traffic, energy monitoring and building management. These cities are all in their earliest phases of development and it will be exciting to see how they change over time.
2. Smart Homes In most homes we can already see the beginnings of Smart Homes and most appliances are getting smarter and more connected. Smart home appliances like smart toilets, smart washing machines and even smart lighting are all being used in more and more households across the world. These are helping people with their daily chores and in some cases are even providing entertainment through their use.
Many of these appliances have the possibility of connecting to the internet, opening up many more possibilities. This may include the ability to turn on and off different devices as needed. This is already helping to save energy in homes, which will only become more widespread over time.
3. Smart Agriculture In 2022 we will start to see smarter farms with the use of smart agriculture technologies. With the ability to collect and analyze information from the farm, more targeted decisions can be made on the farm. This will help with things like water use and the fertilizers needed. These technologies are already in use on farms, but we will see them become more prevalent as the world population grows.
By 2022, we will also start to see the use of drones in agriculture and in the future, we will see the use of robotics too. These are becoming less expensive each year and are expected to become more widespread. The ability to monitor farms and the soil will become more important and more sophisticated to the farmer. Farming becomes more automated and we start to see a change from people working on the land to the machines working on it.
4. Smart Transportation We will have more efficient and smarter public transportation in 2022. Transport is one of the key sectors of the economy. The ability to provide efficient transport and the ability to use the right form of transport to get around are major parts of our daily life.
There are many different types of transportation across the world and the future looks bright for all of them. Public transport such as buses and trains have been growing in popularity in the last few decades and is now becoming even more popular. We will see more cities start to provide these services and we will start to see the more efficient types of vehicles used. Private transportation has been improving over the years and is now one of the safest modes of transport around the world. In many countries, this form of transport is growing faster than any other form.
We will see more autonomous transport solutions become available as well. This is becoming possible in everything from your car to your aircraft.
5. Smart Products Smart technology will be everywhere in 2022. The Internet of Things will have us all wearing technology all the time. From our smartwatch to our smart clothing, smart clothing and smart cars, technology is going to be with us wherever we go. As we get further and further connected, there will be a huge increase in data. The ability to store and analyze that data is growing with the amount of information.
The World Bank predicts that by 2022, there will be 50 billion connected devices around the world. This is a huge step up from 10 years ago and this growth will only continue to accelerate as the technology becomes more affordable and accessible. Smart Product companies will start to see the technology coming in and working on them as they try to build the smartest version possible. Smart Products will be used for everything from your fridge and washing machine, to your smartwatch and smart cars.
Here is how technology will be the fundamental driver of change in 2022. Technological advancements have affected how we live, work, and socialize. In the coming years, new innovations will change the way we interact with one another, move from place to place, shop, and do all sorts of activities.